Nice & Crispy!
If we were to ever rename our blog, it’d probably be Spiceaholics. We absolutely love spicy foods. We love the burn and the flavor hot peppers bring to dishes like omelettes, fish, and even chocolate pudding! We also love eating the peppers themselves- stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, of course.
When we’re in a pinch or traveling and want a quick lunch or dinner, we always go for keto chicken wings. They’re full of fat and protein, and if not breaded, pretty low carb! We always like to get different, unusual flavors of chicken wings but our favorite is always the classic buffalo! To make the buffalo sauce we all know and love, you simply combine Frank’s Red Hot sauce and butter – that’s it! You can also add any seasonings of your choice like some extra salt, pepper, paprika or garlic powder. We also add a dash of cayenne pepper to make the buffalo sauce extra spicy. Maybe 2 dashes.
If you were ever wondering how to make buffalo wings, it’s easy! Unlike many other recipes that require baking or frying, this recipe simply requires a broiler. It’s so simple to prepare these easy buffalo wings, we end up enjoying them a few times a week!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Looking for something to dip these delicious buffalo wings into? Try this Keto Ranch Dressing from Keto Cooking Wins, or if you prefer blue cheese, this Keto Blue Cheese Dressing from Joy Filled Eats. Both of these recipes make for a refreshing, low carb dip that pairs very nicely with our wings!
Let’s make some easy chicken wings!
- 6 chicken wings (6 wingettes, 6 drumettes)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- garlic powder
- cayenne (optional)
- Start by breaking your chicken wings into 2 pieces (the wingettes and drumettes, discarding the tips). Pour a bit of Frank's Red Hot sauce over the wings, just enough to coat them lightly.
- Season your wings and toss to cover them well. Refrigerate for about an hour. If you're strapped for time, you can skip the refrigeration and move on to the next step.
- Turn your broiler on to high and place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper. Lay out the chicken wings so they have enough space between them for the flame to reach the sides.
- Let them cook under the broiler for about 8 minutes. The tops of the wings should turn a nice dark brown. Some bits may turn almost black if they're very close to the flames.
- While they're broiling, melt down 2 tablespoons of butter and the rest of your hot sauce. You may season it lightly with cayenne pepper if you'd like a spicier wing, like we do! Once the butter has melted, take the sauce off the heat.
- Take the wings out of the broiler and flip them. Place them back in the broiler for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them!
- Once they're nice and browned on all sides, place them in a deep mixing bowl and pour your prepared hot sauce over them. Toss to coat them evenly.
- Enjoy them with some keto cole slaw, celery, carrots and bleu cheese!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our keto recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Are the macros show for 6 full wings or 6 drummets/wingettes?
Hey Cole, the macros are per 6 wingettes/drumettes.