Three Delicious & Simple Recipes in One!
We love making cauliflower mash! So much that we’ve experimented with several different add-ins. We love cheesy cauliflower mash, meaty mash, sometimes just a basic sour cream mash. We decided to make a video on how we make it because we think it’s the simplest way to prepare it without having to strain or squeeze excess water or use any crazy kitchen gadgets.
All you’ll need for this technique is a steaming contraption and a blending device of your choosing. We used a basic steam basket and an immersion blender. You probably have the tools needed in your kitchen! You can use a rice cooker or simply a bowl of water covered in plastic cling wrap to steam your cauliflower in the microwave. You can then use a blender, food processor or Nutribullet for the blending step.
Any way you prep it, if you steam the cauliflower florets and then blend, you’ll end up with fluffy and creamy faux mashed potatoes in no time. No straining, cheese clothes or burned hands required!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Cauliflower Mash – 3 Ways – Full Recipe
- Trim the cauliflower and cut it into bite sized florets.
- Set a half inch of water to boil i a pot. Reduce the flame to a simmer and steam florets in a steam basket with a tightly fitting lid for about 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the water from the pot and add the cauliflower back in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of sour cream (you can also use 2 tbsp of heavy cream and butter if you like). Yogurt would also be a good option!
- Using an immersion blender, blend the florets until they're fluffy and creamy.
- Dress with any mix ins you like! We like 3 different ones: mushrooms & tarragon, olives & feta, and ham & cheddar.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb sides recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Excellent video on mashing cauliflower. Interesting recipes, thanks…