Goes Well With Everything!
Good old versatile cauliflower. Where would we be without it?
One of the staples of a low carb diet is cauliflower mash! It’s almost a rite of passage making your first batch. There are lots of ways to prepare it, yielding slightly different results. Each method involves cooking the cauliflower and blending it until it resembles the traditional starchy side – mashed potatoes. What’s more important than the preparation, in our opinion, is the way you dress cauliflower mash. With the right ingredients, your cauliflower mash will taste just like the mashed potatoes we all know and love.
We love to add butter, sour cream, and dill to our cauli mash to give it the distinct “potatoe-y” taste. There are other flavors that pair beautifully with cauliflower- one of our favorites is roasted garlic and fresh rosemary! Each ingredient added to this recipe adds to the natural sweetness of the final product. When roasted, garlic cloves change completely! They turn from a sharp and spicy bite to a soft, sweet, and sticky consistency. Many people enjoy roasting garlic and spreading the cloves on a slice of bread, but we have bigger dreams for it.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
We throw in roasted garlic cloves and fresh rosemary to create an elegant side dish to pair with any low carb dinner! Copious amounts of butter make this recipe creamy and delicious, as keto tradition dictates.
If you love cauliflower as much as we do, you’ve got to try this bang bang cauliflower recipe from Real Balanced! After only 30 minutes, you can have a delicious, sweet, and savory cauliflower dish to enjoy as a side to your meal.
Here’s how to make Cauliflower Mash!
- To roast your garlic cloves, make a little aluminum foil tray and place your garlic cloves in. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in and bake at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, cut your cauliflower into evenly sized florets and place them into a steam basket over simmering water. Make sure the lid you're using is a good fit!
- Steam until a fork pierces through easily- about 10 minutes. Your garlic cloves should look like this when done:
- Drain all the water from the pot and place your steamed cauliflower back into it. Add butter and your seasonings, as well as the roasted garlic cloves.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb dinner recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on