Check out this Thanksgiving-worth side dish!
It’s that time of year when all of us can show off our cooking chops! If you’ve been racking your brain about which keto-friendly side dish you should bring this year, then look no further than this cheddar skillet “corn” bread recipe! It’s the ultimate comfort food without all of those extra carbs.
Of course, regular corn is a no-go when it comes to the keto diet, but have no fear, with a few minor adjustments you can still enjoy a delicious cornbread this year! Rather than using regular cornmeal, this recipe calls for flaxseed, almond flour, and baking powder to get that cornbread-like texture we all know and love. It’s that easy!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The delicious flavor of this dish comes down to one primary thing: cheddar cheese. Can you really go wrong with this ooey-gooey goodness? We think not. Simply make the batter and top with cheese and bake until the edges are golden brown. This is a side dish that everybody can enjoy!
The holidays can be a tough time to stick to your diet, but it certainly can be done. Stick to recipes like this, and you can still indulge in the Thanksgiving flavors without compromising your health. Plus, we dare say that even those that don’t follow a keto diet will appreciate the deliciousness that this recipe has to offer. It’s a great option when you’re cooking for a mixed crowd.
If you’re stressing out about how you can still enjoy the holiday menu without the guilt, then look no further than this fantastic side. This particular recipe makes 12 servings which are perfect for the holiday crowd. Whether your a novice in the kitchen or have years of experience, this is a recipe you can be proud of. Try for yourself and see how much you absolutely love it!
Loved our Cheddar Skillet “Corn” Bread? Then be sure to check out this Keto Banana Bread! Just like corn, bananas are not keto-friendly, but Taryn, from Joy Filled Eats, has a way for you to enjoy that banana flavor you’ve been craving.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven with the butter.
- Whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese then add the eggs.
- Add the almond milk and melted coconut oil then stir until well combined.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and swirl the butter to coat the bottom and sides.
- Pour in the batter and smooth it evenly then sprinkle it with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are browned. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019