Check out this copycat sausage egg muffin recipe!
We’ve all been there–it’s a busy morning, you’re scrambling to get out the door, and a drive-thru doesn’t sound half bad. The problem? Fast food isn’t exactly known for its keto-friendly options. Add to the mix that you’re really in the mood for a sausage egg muffin and the chances of you finding a low carb option becomes even less likely. That’s exactly why you need to check out this amazing copycat version of a delicious sausage egg muffin!
Coconut flour, flaxseed, and baking soda come together to create that muffin-like texture that you’re going for. The good news is that you won’t be able to tell the difference AND it has much fewer carbs. Making smart adjustments like this really go a long way in making sure that you keep it keto-friendly while also curing those cravings.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
So often, people assume that following a certain diet means that they have to totally eliminate their favorite foods. That’s simply not true! Instead, focus on making small changes that decrease the carbs and keep the same great flavor!
I know what you’re thinking–you wonder if this recipe is really a time-saver. The truth is, it only takes 10 minutes from start to finish to make this tasty sausage egg muffin. That’s less time than it’ll take to drive to an establishment, order your food, and wait for it to be handed to you. Instead, whip up your very own version at home and save yourself some time and carbs!
Try this recipe today and don’t forget to tell your family and friends! Everybody needs this time-saving and delicious recipe in their life.
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces ground pork sausage
- 1 large egg
- Whisk together the heavy cream, butter, and egg in a greased 16-ounce ramekin.
- Add the coconut flour and ground flaxseed then whisk in the baking soda and cider vinegar.
- Microwave on high heat for 1 ½ minutes until firm then turn out onto a plate.
- Slice the bun in half and toast it in the toaster.
- Shape the ground sausage into a patty the size of the bun and fry it over medium-high heat until browned on both sides, turning as needed.
- Place a round cookie cutter in another skillet and grease the inside with cooking spray.
- Crack the egg into the cookie cutter and stir to break up the yolk then cook over medium-high heat until the egg is set.
- Sandwich the sausage patty and cooked egg between the toasted bread slices and serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019
Recipe says whisk together heavy cream, butter and egg. Later you cook and egg to assemble with sausage patty. Only 1 large egg is listed in recipe. Is this an error? Or should there be two eggs?
Yep! We were missing the addition of 1 other egg in the ingredients. Thanks for pointing that out!