Soup in Under 15 Minutes!
It goes without saying that we love cooking, but some nights we’re too busy or too tired to prepare dinner. That’s why we love keeping a few quarts of soup on hand for a quick dinner. Trader Joe’s sells some awesome, organic tomato soups that we sampled. Unfortunately, after our homemade, Roasted Tomato Basil Soup, our flavor expectations are high. Even more unfortunately, our homemade soup takes over an hour and much manual labor to make.
We figured all can be solved by adding a few simple ingredients to our boxed tomato soup to make it pop!
We snapped a pic of most of the ingredients and then ended up adding a few more. We used Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce but you can use your favorite hot sauce! We also added some basil-infused olive oil and butter for added fat, as well as Bragg’s apple cider vinegar. Vinegar always helps cut the sweetness of the tomatoes in the soup and adds a nice tang.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The entire recipe took about 15 minutes to hit the table and we had leftovers for the next day!
It’s important to keep quick recipes like this easy tomato soup on hand so that you’ve got a fallback dinner that tastes great and takes no time to make! Check out all our easy low carb recipes to see what you can make in under 30 minutes.
- 1 quart tomato soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- green onion
- fresh basil
- Place your bacon on a pan to cook to a crisp while you prepare the tomato soup.
- Combine all the main ingredients in a pot on a medium flame and stir.
- Add your spices. Pro tip: black pepper, oil and gentle heat all allow turmeric to be absorbed by our bodies better.
- Cook until the butter is melted. Don't let the soup over boil, we want just a simmer.
- Pour into soup bowls and top with a tablespoon of creme fraiche (or sour cream), crispy bacon and some green onion! Don't forget the fresh basil!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our keto recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on