Tex-Mex cornbread casserole brings the flavor!
Cornbread casseroles are a pretty popular dish. However, we’re committed to offering only the best low carb options. We bridge the gap between tradition and keto-friendly meals by making small adjustments that keep all the flavor but cut the carb count drastically. You CAN enjoy yourself while keeping it low carb.
This Tex-Mex cornbread casserole is all about the flavor. Check out the ingredients list, and you’ll see quite the combination of spices. You’ll love the pop of flavor combined with the melted cheese. It’s just the perfect way to tie in your favorite meal!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Of course, traditional cornbread is a no-go when you’re trying to keep it keto-friendly. That’s why you’ll see almond flour as the primary ingredient. Almond flour has fewer carbs and more protein so you can be sure you are keeping it keto with this meal.
You’ll love that this recipe is mostly hands off. All you need is about ten minutes to mix up the ingredients, and then you let your oven do the rest of the work for you! In about an hour, you’ll be sitting down to a piping hot plate of Tex-Mex casserole! This hearty comfort food is sure to hit the spot.
If you’re scratching you’re head about what to make for dinner, then look no further than this tried and true recipe. You’ll have plenty of flavor, fewer carbs, and you are sure to be completely satisfied. Don’t forget to top it with sour cream or guacamole to complete the meal. Enjoy it yourself, or invite your family and friends over for dinner! This is definitely a crowd-pleaser that everybody will appreciate.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (to serve)
- Guacamole (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with butter.
- Combine the almond flour, mozzarella, cream cheese, eggs, and baking powder in a food processor and blend into a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into the skillet and spread evenly then set aside.
- Cook the beef in a separate skillet over medium heat until browned, breaking it up with a spoon.
- Stir in the beef broth, tomato paste, and seasonings then spoon over the batter in the skillet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes then top with the cheddar cheese and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving with sour cream and guacamole.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019