This cheesy meatball casserole is EVERYTHING!
If you’re tired of the same old same when it comes to your weekday dinner plan, then we’ve got the recipe for you! Casseroles get a bad rap for being a lazy option when you just aren’t in the mood to cook. People assume you just dump in a bunch of leftovers and call it good. But boy, does this recipe totally kill that theory!
Don’t get us wrong, this recipe is still incredibly easy to make, but the deliciousness will totally revamp your routine. You simply haven’t lived unless you’ve enjoyed a bite of this keto-friendly meal! This is the type of dish that even the pickiest eater in your life will enjoy.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Let’s begin by discussing the star of the recipe: the meatballs! These delicious hunks of meat are compromised of beef and sausage with a few delicious additions cooked right in. Yes, even zucchini is part of this fantastic mixture! It’s a great way to sneak in a few veggies without the kiddos (or meat-eating adults!) finding out!
Once the meatballs are created, simply smother them in the perfectly blended sauce. The sauce is a sugar-free tomato sauce that is perfect for individuals who are watching their sugar intake. The final step is to pop it in the oven for about thirty minutes. Be sure to drain the excess liquid and allow it to set up for about fifteen minutes before serving.
That’s it! Who knew it would be so simple to make such a yummy meal? Add this to your weekday menu, and you’ll never settle for a bland and boring casserole ever again. This is just another recipe that proves that keto can be absolutely delicious!
What are you waiting on? Try this ASAP and let us know how much you love it!
Looking for another meatball recipe? Try this Keto Italian Meatballs Freezer Meal from Real Balanced. It is the perfect low carb recipe for when you don’t have the time to make dinner from scratch. Check it out!
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (pressed to remove moisture)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the ground beef, ground sausage, mozzarella, parmesan, zucchini, egg, and seasonings in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
- Shape the mixture into 24 meatballs and arrange them in the casserole dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs and top with the shredded provolone cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes then drain the cooking liquid.
- Let the casserole bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019