Try this low carb bacon cheddar chicken calzone!
Do you know why so many people love calzones? Because they are so easy to customize with your favorite ingredients! This particular recipe stuffs so much goodness into a single calzone that your taste buds won’t know what hit them!
Bacon, chicken, cheese–oh my! Can you really say anything bad about this flavor combination? If you’ve never made your very own homemade calzone before, then this recipe is the perfect introduction. It may taste sinfully delicious, but I promise it’s totally keto-friendly!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The main difference between this low carb option and the other calzone recipes out there is all about the flour. Most calzones are high in carbohydrates because the dough is made with all-purpose white flour. White flour is essentially all carbs. In addition, it doesn’t have very much flavor. Our recipe, on the other hand, is low carb and has tons of extra flavors mixed into the dough thanks to our favorite flour alternatives.
Almond flour, coconut flour, and flaxseed come together to create the perfect calzone texture dough that you can use in this perfect recipe and to make any other kinds of calzones that you’d like. When you use our almond flour mix the result is a perfectly golden calzone that is brimming with the most delicious flavors inside and outside. A subtle nutty taste is simply amazing with the chicken and cheese filling- one bit and you will be a true believer!
The prep time for this meal is only about ten minutes. It may seem hard to believe that you can make such a great dish so quickly! However, all you need to do is mix up the dough, mix up the filling, and put them together! There is no need to wait for the dough to rise like in a traditional calzone recipe and, since the chicken is already cooked, you don’t even need to use the stovetop! The oven does pretty much all of the work for you!
You can easily whip up a batch of these calzones for dinner any day of the week. Keep in mind, this particular recipe makes six servings which means it is perfect for your family or if you’d like to invite a few friends over! You can also enjoy this recipe solo and have leftovers for the next day. Pop the calzone in the toaster oven for a few minutes to reheat and you will have a delicious lunch in a matter of minutes. Calzones have never been so easy!
Bacon cheddar chicken calzone is a hearty comfort food that will definitely satisfy your hunger. You’ll get plenty of protein and perfectly melted cheese packed inside this warm, flaky crust. You won’t believe just how easy it is to make your very own calzones at home. You’ll never settle for the store-bought stuff ever again!
Don’t take my word for it though, try this amazing recipe for yourself and see how quickly it becomes one of your all-time favorite low carb meals!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 egg white (whisked)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl until well combined then set aside.
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high heat for 60 seconds.
- Stir the mixture and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted.
- Add the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed and stir until fully incorporated – you can also use a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Turn out the dough onto a piece of parchment and roll into a large rectangle then cut into three pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle about ¼-inch thick then spread the chicken filling over them.
- Fold up the ends and sides of each piece of dough around the fillings and press closed.
- Brush the calzones with egg white and sprinkle with parmesan then bake for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019
Calzone recipe says makes 6 serves, recipe says roll dough into 3 pieces which is correct 3 or 6?
3 is the correct number. The serving size is 1/2 a calzone, which means it makes 6 servings. Hope that helps!