You HAVE to try this cheesy bacon “risotto” recipe!
Don’t you just hate it when people tell you that you have to give up certain foods because you decided to go keto? While the reality is you do have to make a few conscious decisions about food, it’s also very true that most recipes can be altered to meet the required specs of the diet. This cheesy bacon “risotto” recipe is just another example of how this works!
As you probably already know, risotto is an Italian rice dish that’s known for its creamy goodness. However, rice isn’t keto-friendly, so we have to make a few adjustments so we can still indulge in this deliciousness from time to time. Rather than using traditional high carb rice, we instead turn to our trusty friend: cauliflower.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Simply pulse the cooked cauliflower into rice-like grains, and you have the same texture that you want without all of those carbs. Easy, right? Just a few additional ingredients and voila! You have a meal that’s lip-smacking good! Of course, two of the tastiest ingredients are cheese and bacon. You can’t go wrong with those!
This dish is an excellent option for a busy week, too. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish! It’s hearty enough to enjoy for dinner but is fast and easy enough to cook up for lunch, too. No matter the time of day you choose, anytime is the perfect time for this fantastic dish!
The next time someone tells you that you can’t enjoy a meal because it’s not keto-friendly, remind them that it’s all about healthy adjustments. You can still enjoy delicious meals without the carbs or the guilt. Add this cheesy bacon “risotto” recipe to your list of must-try dinners this week. You are going to LOVE it.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium head cauliflower (chopped)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain and chop when cooled.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse into rice-like grains.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Ad the onion and cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in the chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is just tender.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and remove from heat – stir until melted.
- Spoon the risotto into a serving bowl and top with grated parmesan and chopped bacon.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019