Fancy With Few Ingredients!
We came up with dozens of low carb dinner recipes for our newest project: 30 Low Carb Dinners eCookbook – all up to 5 grams of net carbs using only 5 ingredients each! Since we were limited to only 5 ingredients, we realized we had tons of recipe ideas to share outside the project. We now have a line up of some amazing dinners that didn’t quite make the cut for our ecookbook, but definitely deserve to shine.
One pretty exciting and unique one was this almond pesto salmon recipe. Pesto is usually made from basil; it’s pretty much mostly basil and some yummy flavorings (recipe here). The reason we’re calling this an almond pesto is because its main ingredient is almonds and it has the consistency of pesto. Not quite saucy, not quite spready, just sort of pesto.
We decided to use fresh shallots to compliment the garlic and lemon in the almond pesto. Shallots have both onion and garlic qualities about them and can be eaten raw or cooked. These little beauties smelled so good, we threw them right on top!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Lastly, if you don’t have frisée, this almond pesto salmon recipe will work just as well on a bed of fresh spinach or arugula. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe and are looking for more salmon based dinners, check out this grilled salmon recipe from Easy and Delish!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 6 oz. atlantic salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 handfuls frisee
- Start by making your almond pesto. In a food processor, pulse olive oil, garlic and almonds until a paste forms. Add in the juice of half a lemon, salt and parsley. Set aside.
- Pat salmon fillets dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat up a lightly oiled pan until very hot and place salmon in skin side down. Depending on the thickness of your salmon, cook for about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip the salmon and add butter to the pan and when melted, baste the salmon for a few minutes. Slice into the thickest part of the salmon - it should still be a little rare inside. Serve salmon over a bed of frisee. Add a dollop of your almond pesto to the top followed by some sliced shallots and slivered almonds.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb dinners to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
I love salmon. What an easy and innovative recipe. Consider it pinned!
We’ve been on a huge seafood kick lately! Let us know if you give this recipe a try 🙂