Who Needs More Than 5 Ingredients?
Not us. We believe the most delicious things are made quickly – all the more time to enjoy it, after all! That’s why pudding should be an absolute staple in your low carb or keto diet. You really only need 3 base ingredients:
- the “milk” – in our case, we like to use heavy whipping cream. It’s already quite thick so you don’t need to add much thickener. It’s also incredibly delicious, high in fat and low in carbs. However, it is a bit high in calories, so if your daily calorie allowance isn’t so high, feel free to use half heavy cream and half almond milk. To make this recipe dairy-free, use coconut milk in place of heavy cream; it’s the perfect substitute!
- the thickener – we like to use xanthan gum. It’s affordable, easy to find in stores or online and you only need a pinch in most recipes.
- the sweetener – as always, our trusty erythritol comes in to save the day. It’s our favorite sweetener to use because it’s of a similar sweetness to sugar, doesn’t raise blood glucose, has no calories or carbs and is mild on the digestive system! Though if you prefer, you can use xylitol, stevia or any other low carb sweetener. Everybody’s tastes are different so use a small amount and adjust after tasting.
Here’s a handy tip: if you don’t have powdered erythritol and only have granular on hand, don’t worry! Throw that granular erythritol in a blender or food processor and blend until it’s powdered. It usually only takes about a minute! 1 cup of granular erythritol is equal to about 1 3/4 cups powdered erythritol.
This recipe comes to you straight from our Dessert in Five cookbook, part of our Keto in Five bundle of 120 low carb recipes all using just 5 ingredients and up to 5 grams of net carbs! Now until December 25th, you can get 50% off the entire bundle with our holiday coupon code:
Enter “KETOHOLIDAYS” at checkout to get 50% off Keto in Five!
Enjoy 🙂 and we hope everyone’s having a happy holiday season!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb desserts to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018