Low Carb Almond Fudge for Dessert or Breakfast!
Almond butter fudge bars are a delightful recipe to make with the whole family. You can enjoy them as a quick breakfast, lunch-time snack, or late night dessert – depending on the recipe!
This recipe, in particular, strikes us as more desserty than anything else. But we’ll be the first to admit we’ve eaten dessert for breakfast. When it’s low carb & sugar-free, why not? Keto desserts are full of fat, fiber and free of all the nasty junk you’d find in many sweet breakfast options at the supermarket. Plus, homemade desserts are always better (taste-wise and nutrition-wise!).
Our Almond Butter Fudge Bars have a crispy crust that pairs so well with the creamy, gooey topping. All that, cut with the crunchy chopped chocolate, makes for a super well-rounded breakfast, snack or dessert option for anyone watching their carbs.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
It really only takes a few ingredients to make some magic – and that’s exactly how we’d describe these bars. Though, you can always swap out your favorite ingredients to make the recipe your own. Throw in peanut butter for a traditional snack, or go crazy and add pumpkin macadamia butter for something totally unique! Add chopped chocolate, sugar-free chocolate chips, cacao nibs or nuts of any kind.
Any way you make it, be sure to share a photo on social media and tag us (@tasteaholics) in it so we can see your version!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and divided)
- 6 tablespoons So Nourished powdered erythritol sweetener (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ounce 80% dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a 9x10 inch or similar baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the almond flour, ¼ cup melted butter, 2 tbsp powdered erythritol, and the cinnamon until well-combined.
- Spread the mixture on the lined baking dish and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and almond butter with the remaining butter and 4 tbsp powdered erythritol in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla and xanthan gum and blend until well-combined.
- Spread the fudge mixture over the cooled almond flour base then sprinkle with roughly chopped dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Freeze overnight then slice the fudge into 8 bars to serve.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below – we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb desserts to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals that take no time to prepare!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
How are these stored after slicing them? Can they be stored in the fridge or do they have to stay frozen
You can store them either way, but I think the consistency is better if they’re frozen.
Looks so goog! Is the xanthan gum essential or could it be left out….lor replaced?
Xanthan gum usually gives desserts a good bite and helps keep them together. I would say it’s not completely essential and you’ll still enjoy the recipe 🙂
Getting ready to make these….is a 9×13 pan correct? If cut into 8 pcs they would be much bigger than pictured…..or am I wrong? Can’t wait to try them
Yes, 9×13 and cut into 8 servings. Let us know how it goes!
OMG! This recipe is fantastic! So yummy, so delicious! If you have a sweet tooth, this recipe is for you and so healthy. Can’t believe these keto recipes such as this one, are so tasty!
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked them 🙂
Just made them! SUPER tasty 🙂