You have to try this low carb Italian wedding soup!
This incredibly popular Italian dish is just what the doctor ordered when you’re in the mood for the ultimate comfort food. This veggie and meat infused soup make for a satisfying meal that you can enjoy any time of year. However, it is especially perfect for those colder weather months! No matter when you decide to cook up this flavorful recipe, you are sure to enjoy it right down to the very last spoonful. It’s just too good to pass up!
Traditional Italian wedding soup sometimes includes pasta. However, to keep it low carb, we added cauliflower rice. You’ll still get that satisfying texture you want, but without sacrificing your keto diet. There are plenty of meat, spinach, and flavorful spices to keep your taste buds and stomach completely satisfied. You definitely won’t walk away from the table hungry, that’s for sure.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Most flavorful soups require a very long cook time. Fortunately, that’s not the case with the quicker version! All you need is about 45 minutes in the kitchen, and you’ll be serving up your very own piping hot bowl of goodness! Not only will you have a tasty soup, but your home will be filled with the aroma of Italian seasonings. There’s nothing quite as inviting as that!
Whether you’ve tried Italian wedding soup in the past, or you’re just looking for something new to try–this recipe won’t’ disappoint. The hearty chunks of veggies and meat combined with the incredible spices and herbs will keep you coming back for more! It’s simple enough for a regular weekday menu but tasty enough to serve up to guests.
Try this recipe for yourself and see for yourself why so many people absolutely love it! We dare say this will soon be on your list of keto favorites.
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium stalks celery (diced)
- 1/2 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Combine the ground beef, almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper them mix well by hand and shape into ½-inch balls.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onion then season with salt and pepper – cook for 6 to 7 minutes until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth, oregano, and thyme then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes then stir in the cauliflower rice and meatballs.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until wilted then adjust seasoning to taste and serve hot.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019