A Classic Asparagus Upgrade!
We can never get tired of asparagus but just in case you are – here’s a twist. Pair a few roasted asparagus spears with some creamy and zesty Hollandaise sauce and you’ve got a fun new low carb side. Easy Hollandaise Asparagus!
We always thought Hollandaise sauce was a fancy sauce with a difficult prep but we think we’ve simplified it. It can’t get easier! The sauce itself has just a few ingredients and they’re definitely sitting in your fridge right now. What self-respecting keto-er doesn’t have eggs and butter, right? Since setting up a double boiler is a hassle and takes forever to cook egg yolks, we just throw everything into a tiny saucepan and cook it on low heat. We got a single egg pan and it worked great for this job. Just make sure your flame is on the lowest setting and whisk constantly. You can always add a bit of water if you find your sauce has cooked a bit too much.
And while you’re prepping the sauce, your asparagus is either pan-frying or roasting! It’s all pretty straight forward so give it a try and let us know what you think!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
- Set the asparagus to roast on a greased baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness. You can also fry it for about 5 minutes.
- To make the Hollandaise sauce, whisk your egg yolks until they're a bit paler in color. Whisk in lemon juice and set over a low flame in a small pan (or you can use a double boiler).
- Stir the egg yolks until thickened and start adding a cube or 2 of butter at a time, whisking until each is combined in the sauce.
- Season Hollandaise with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne to taste. If your sauce is too thick, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it's the right consistency.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, drizzle some Hollandaise over and enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb sides to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on