Here’s a super simple keto quick-bite to make that’s sure to please anyone. Caprese salad is a fresh summery dish with minimal ingredients and a favorite in Italy. There are several ways of preparing it, including cubing up all the ingredients and simply tossing them with your dressing. We like to prepare it by slicing all the ingredients and arranging them nicely with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and olive oil. Balsamic reduction is just balsamic vinegar with some of the liquid removed. This results in a thicker, sweeter product that many enjoy with their caprese salad, but the taste is not much far off from regular balsamic vinegar.
This salad is paleo! As long as your cheese is all natural and made from grass-fed cow’s milk. Balsamic vinegar and olive oil also both qualify. We would be careful to not eat too many tomatoes (or drizzle too much balsamic) when you’re eating keto though, as they’re pretty high in sugar. One tomato here and there is fine, but keep in mind, there about 5g of carbs in a medium tomato.
Check out some info here regarding dairy and paleo and decide for yourself whether to allow dairy in your paleo diet.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Here’s how to make caprese salad:
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Wash and cut your tomato into centimeter thick slices.
- Do the same with your mozzarella ball.
- Arrange the two sliced ingredients on a plate in an alternating pattern. As an alternative, you can cube up all the ingredients and just throw them in a salad bowl.
- Give the arrangement a sprinkle of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors.
- Drizzle the top of the salad with olive oil and balsamic reduction.Use as little or as much as you like!
- Top it all off with some yummy basil leaves and enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our quick bites recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals that take no time to prepare!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018