You have to try these pigs in a blanket recipe!
Pigs in a blanket have to be a staple of nearly everybody’s childhood. This nostalgic and versatile recipe was likely served up at your birthday party, after-school snack, or maybe even a quick dinner! No matter the occasion, pigs in a blanket are known for their simple deliciousness that really hit the spot.
While kids certainly love this recipe, adults can enjoy it, too. You can even indulge in it if you’re following a low carb diet. The secret? Coconut flour! You’ll still achieve the same flakey texture of the “blanket” without all of those unnecessary carbs. This is a keto dream come true!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
What you’ll really appreciate about this recipe is that it can be whipped up in just a few minutes. In just over thirty minutes you can be serving up your very own batch of this deliciousness. Don’t forget to use your dipping sauce of choice.
One of the best things about pigs in a blanket is that you can really serve them up for nearly anything. They are a great addition to an appetizer table, but you can absolutely enjoy them for a quick lunch or dinner. Do you really even need a reason? We think not!
If you’re looking for a way to bring back the flavors that you love the most, then look no further than this easy-to-follow keto-friendly recipe. This just another example of how keeping it keto can be easy to do and absolutely delicious! Whip up your very own batch and watch how quickly they disappear.
We’ve got another childhood staple for you – keto chicken nuggets from Cassidy’s Craveable Creations! These crispy and tender treats are a big hit with adults and children alike!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs (whisked)
- 12 all-beef hotdogs
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted then stir smooth and set aside.
- Combine the coconut flour, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, baking powder, and eggs in a mixing bowl then stir in the melted cheese until a dough forms – wet your hands because it will be sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into balls.
- Roll out each dough ball between two pieces of parchment into 8-inch circles.
- Wrap each dough circle around a hotdog and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake for 15 to 20 minutes until browned.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019