This low carb cheesy bagel dogs recipe is delicious!
Cheesy bagel dogs–if you’ve never tried them then now is the time! This more grown-up take on a childhood classic will have you lining up at the table for this incredible meal. There’s plenty of cheesy goodness to go around without all of the extra carbs. Who knew that keeping it keto could be so tasty AND easy?
Of course, bagels aren’t known for their low carb count, so we had to switch things up a bit. The not-so-secret ingredient is almond flour. It has fewer carbs than white flour and still yields that perfect bread-like texture.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The all-beef hotdogs combined with the delicious mozzarella creates a blend of flavors that you simply can’t pass up. Combine it all in a perfectly shaped bagel and then pop it in the oven. It’s really that easy! Bake it until golden perfect, and you’re ready to enjoy.
Cheesy bagel dogs are a terrific recipe to have on hand because it works well for a variety of occasions. They make a delicious appetizer at a party but are certainly hearty enough to feast on for lunch or dinner. The choice is yours!
It’s time to stop settling for missing out on your favorite dishes! Instead, turn to low carb solutions like this one to satisfy your hunger and your taste buds. Keto isn’t about depriving yourself, but rather making healthier choices that still taste AMAZING.
Interested? We know you are! Try this low carb cheesy bagel dogs recipe for yourself, and you are sure to fall in love with it just as much as we have!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 all-beef hotdogs
- 1 large egg white (beaten)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 1 ½ minutes to melt.
- Stir the mixture until smooth, cooking for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and add the egg – blend smooth.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, and garlic powder then blend into a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic then wrap it and freeze while the oven heats up.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and divide into 8 portions then roll each into a ball.
- Roll each ball into a rope about 12 inches long then wrap it around a hotdog then roll it on a flat surface to press the seams together.
- Place the hotdog on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining hotdogs.
- Brush the hotdogs with egg white and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the dough is browned and the hotdogs heated through.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019