A Low Carb Cake as Light as Air!
Pink lemonade is a great flavor combination of strawberry and lemon, but not just as a drink, but as desserts too! It’s also my feeble, desperate attempt at holding on to the last shreds of summer before the brutal winter season is upon us. (I operate on a 2 season calendar- if it’s not summer, it’s winter.)
The refreshing, sweet, and tart flavor that is pink lemonade needs something subtle and light to help it stand out. What could be lighter than the famous oopsie rolls?
We’ve used oopsie rolls many times in the past as sandwich bases (Eggs Benedict, anyone?) but we’ve never made a sweet batch of them. This time last week, we decided to make a large batch of sweetened keto oopsie rolls to experiment with. Needless to say, we’ve had a good week!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Strawberry & Lemon
The best combination we’ve discovered is pink lemonade and oopsie to create a sort of mini low carb cake, layers, and all! This low carb dessert turned out adorable and would be perfect for an after brunch snack, a baby shower, or a birthday! They’re pretty simple to make and you can stack them as high as they’ll go!
We made 2 low carb cakes and we named them Keto Pink Lemonade Cloud Cakes- which is quite a mouthful for such a light and delicate dessert. Each of them had 3 oopsie rolls between layers of lemon buttercream frosting with chopped strawberries.
They didn’t last long, so be prepared to make a bunch! One low carb cake is never enough.
If you loved this recipe, you should check out this Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cake from Keto Cooking Christian. Just like our Cloud Cakes, this cake is tender, fluffy, and is bursting with flavor! Or if you prefer a recipe with bits of fresh strawberries baked throughout, give these keto strawberry lemonade muffins a try!
- 1 Oopsie roll recipe
- 1/4 tsp powdered Stevia
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp So Nourished erythritol sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 strawberries
- Prepare our oopsie rolls! To make these sweet layers, add some stevia (or erythritol) to the batter.
- When they're out of the oven and cooled, use a large glass or mug to "stamp" out uniform circles out of the baked oopsie rolls.
- Once you have your layers ready to go, make the butter cream frosting by beating your butter and erythritol until creamy. It's important that the butter be softened here, of else you'll have a chunky frosting.
- Add in a tablespoon of cream and lemon zest and juice.
- Add in poppy seeds and some finely chopped strawberries. We pureed our strawberries which didn't work as well as finely chopping them would. The pureed strawberries made our frosting a bit too watery.
- When your frosting is ready, spoon it into a ziploc bag held open by a glass.
- Twist the big so there's very little air inside and snip the top of the bag.
- Lay one oopsie roll onto the plate you'll be serving your cloud cakes on and begin frosting the perimeter of the cake. Then fill in the middle.
- Stack another oopsie roll onto your frosting, pressing gently, and repeating the previous step. Do this until you have 3 layers, or as many as you'd like. Give the cake a good press on top to make sure the frosting is evenly distributed and peaking out the sides.
- Finally, garnish with a squeeze of frosting and a walnut!
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour before eating so the butter cream frosting has a chance to solidify a bit. Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb desserts to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
I’ve never made Oopsie Rolls, are they pliable enough to fashion this into a cake roll? Thanks!
Huh, good question…
They are definitely on the delicate side, but held up very well to hearty sandwiches. I’m not too sure about rolling them.
If you try it, let us know!