We’ve been getting a lot of requests lately for breakfasts that aren’t eggs. More people than we could have ever imagined have egg allergies and breakfast for them can sometimes be limited. That, and most people need a break from eating eggs every morning! While eggs are a great keto option, you may not want to have them every single day….
So we decided to take the smoothie route, looking for a way to make an amazing, healthy, keto breakfast smoothie. Not everyone on a low carb diet enjoys smoothies because they are usually fruit based and, as you likely know, fruits can be very high in carbs. Not our smoothie! There’s not a single fruit in our green breakfast smoothie… unless you count avocado. Each ingredient lends not only to the gorgeous green smoothie’s color but provides the necessary nutrients to kick start your day. You will be shocked by how healthy this smoothie really is! Think celery is just a filler vegetable? Think again:
- Celery: full of calcium, sodium, copper, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium. It contains fatty acids and vitamins including vitamin A, C, E, D, B6, B12 and vitamin K as well as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and fiber.1
- Cucumber: with all its vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, it can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread among those eating a typical American diet.2
- Avocado: full of vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin E, small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous, vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).3
- Spinach: vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, folic acid, iron, calcium plus several other vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9 and E.4
- Chia seeds: contain lots of fiber, protein, fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s), calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, they also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.5
- Coconut oil: where do the benefits stop? Check out our full article on the benefits of coconut oil.
- Matcha: adds a boost of slow-releasing, steady caffeine and is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg, fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins. It also provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.6
The ingredients we have mixed together make a powerhouse of a drink and can be whipped together in just a few minutes. You will get a full breakfast in just one glass! So say goodbye to those breakfast eggs and give this green breakfast smoothie a try. After you have made it a few times, let us know what you think and leave a message in the comments below. We love to hear about your successful keto breakfasts! Enjoy.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our drinks to learn to make more delicious and healthy recipes!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018