We’ve been getting a lot of requests lately for breakfasts that aren’t eggs. More people than we could have ever imagined have egg allergies and breakfast for them can sometimes be limited. That, and most people need a break from eating eggs every morning! While eggs are a great keto option, you may not want to have them every single day….
So we decided to take the smoothie route, looking for a way to make an amazing, healthy, keto breakfast smoothie. Not everyone on a low carb diet enjoys smoothies because they are usually fruit based and, as you likely know, fruits can be very high in carbs. Not our smoothie! There’s not a single fruit in our green breakfast smoothie… unless you count avocado. Each ingredient lends not only to the gorgeous green smoothie’s color but provides the necessary nutrients to kick start your day. You will be shocked by how healthy this smoothie really is! Think celery is just a filler vegetable? Think again:
- Celery: full of calcium, sodium, copper, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium. It contains fatty acids and vitamins including vitamin A, C, E, D, B6, B12 and vitamin K as well as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and fiber.1
- Cucumber: with all its vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, it can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread among those eating a typical American diet.2
- Avocado: full of vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin E, small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous, vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).3
- Spinach: vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, folic acid, iron, calcium plus several other vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9 and E.4
- Chia seeds: contain lots of fiber, protein, fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s), calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, they also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.5
- Coconut oil: where do the benefits stop? Check out our full article on the benefits of coconut oil.
- Matcha: adds a boost of slow-releasing, steady caffeine and is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg, fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins. It also provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.6
The ingredients we have mixed together make a powerhouse of a drink and can be whipped together in just a few minutes. You will get a full breakfast in just one glass! So say goodbye to those breakfast eggs and give this green breakfast smoothie a try. After you have made it a few times, let us know what you think and leave a message in the comments below. We love to hear about your successful keto breakfasts! Enjoy.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 oz spinach
- 50 grams cucumber
- 50 grams celery
- 50 grams avocado
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 scoop Isopure Protein Powder (about 30 grams)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds (to garnish)
- 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- Into a blender or Nutribullet, add your almond milk and spinach. Blend for a second to break down the spinach to make room for the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and blend for about a minute until creamy.
- You can add a teaspoon of matcha powder for added benefits and a kick of caffeine.
- Pour it into a glass and garnish with chia seeds. Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our drinks to learn to make more delicious and healthy recipes!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Hey, im curious how this would be if made the night before as I get up very early and don’t want to wake anyone with the blender.
I would make this fresh every morning. Though, if you want to try, blend it up the night before and keep it in a bottle that can be shaken before enjoying.
Absolutely hooked! And sometimes I do breakfast and lunch out of the same batch. It’s so filling
Can you reccomend an alternative to the almond oil?
Hi Kay, there’s no almond oil in this recipe. Do you mean coconut oil? Feel free to use a tbsp of butter to get almost the same fat content, or some walnut oil if you can find it. Otherwise, I would really recommend getting some coconut oil. It has tremendous health benefits. You can find some here for a pretty affordable price: http://amzn.to/2mMpPrt
Sorry for my absent mindedness! I was actually referring to almond milk! Is there a good substitute to almond milk? I was thinking about coconut milk, but I think that that would make the flavor very, well, coconut-y. What do you think?
I think coconut milk would be just fine! I would also use cashew milk, which can be found next to the almond milk in some stores. Worst case, water will work too 🙂
How much is 50 grams of avocado, celery, cute, spinach???
We recommend investing in a small kitchen scale. It makes cooking and baking so much easier!
Will really try this out sounds very healthy and Delicious. Thank you so much
Hi love! Is it okay if i don’t use protein powder?
Totally fine 🙂
The chia seeds are listed in the recipe but aren’t used. Are they just a garnish or do you put them in the blender. If they aren’t a garnish only, how much do I use in the recipe?
We used just a bit as a garnish!