Breakfast just got more delicious!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s about time we start treating it as such! If you want a little more spice to start your day the right way, then spicy chorizo baked eggs are the perfect solution for you. This recipe definitely brings a whole lot of flavor (and heat!) to your regular morning routine.
Chorizo sausage, eggs, plenty of cheese, and a handful of spices are what makes this recipe what it is. Eggs are delicious on their own but add in a few additional ingredients, and you just took your meal to the next level. There’s absolutely no denying that this is the type of breakfast that you need in your life. It’s simple, fast, and the taste is out of this world!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
I know what you’re thinking–how long does it take to whip up a batch of something this good? You’ll be happy to know that it just takes over half an hour to make this recipe a reality. Mix it together, pop it in the oven, and don’t’ forget to top it with cheese once it’s done. It’s so simple, but far from boring and bland. This recipe proves that you don’t need to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to get delicious results!
Of course, we are committed to keeping it low carb. In fact, this recipe only has 2.5 net carbs! It also happens to be a decent source of protein which is always a perk. You can keep it keto without sacrificing amazing flavor.
A few tips to make sure this recipe is exactly what you want–make sure that you wait at least five minutes before slicing so that the dish has time to set up and be sure to customize the toppings to include your favorites. Avocado and sour cream are always a favorite! Enjoy.
- 3 ounces ground chorizo sausage
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 small avocado (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the chorizo to an oven-safe skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through then remove to a bowl.
- Reheat the skillet with the drippings and crack the eggs into the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with the cooked chorizo.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, cayenne, and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve topped with diced avocado and sour cream. Makes 3 servings.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019