Low Carb Basil Cream Cheese Eggs
Having a delicious and filling breakfast is essential, especially if you are following a specific diet which may have some restrictions you need to follow. While eggs are a very classic keto breakfast option, you may find yourself wishing that your eggs were more flavorful. After all, if you decide to have eggs on a daily basis (which many keto dieters do!), you will definitely want to switch it up. These eggs made with basil butter are the perfect, flavor packed solution to making your morning eggs exciting while keeping them easy to prepare.
One thing you may notice about this recipe is that it is full of fat. With cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and also butter, there is no lack of fats here! However, fat is an essential part of the keto diet– the diet actually revolves around you getting enough fats every day! So all of the fats in this recipe not only add amazing flavor, making the eggs creamy and irresistible, but they also promote a healthy keto diet.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The main idea of the keto diet is to train your body to run on fats rather than carbs (or glycogen). When your body is burning fats as fuel, you are said to be in ketosis, the goal of every keto follower. Rather than relying on sugar, your body will burn fat, both from foods and the fats stored in your body. You need to make sure that you are consuming enough fat so that you have enough fuel.
While every version of the keto diet may vary, it is average for the diet to require about 60-75% of your caloric intake to be from fat. However, this should be from healthy fats such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These will help you get the fat that your body needs to operate efficiently and also help raise your “good” cholesterol levels. Luckily, this recipe has lots of beneficial fats, starting your keto day off on the right foot!
In addition to lots of great fats, these eggs have a lovely fresh taste thanks to the basil butter. To make the basil butter, you will mix the fresh chopped basil in with some melted butter and cream cheese. When the basil is blended with the other ingredients, it will impart its strong taste into the mix, making it taste incredible. Once you have cooked your eggs to your liking, the basil butter is used to top each plate, melting over the eggs and incorporating that delicious taste into every bite.
With lots of great keto fats, an abundant amount of fresh flavors and a meal you can make in just a few minutes, this recipe is a sure win. Keep it in mind for an easy weekday breakfast and a way to make your classic egg dishes new again!
- 4 egg
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Place one tablespoon of the butter in a small bowl along with the cream cheese and one tablespoon of basil. Microwave for about 30 seconds to melt then stir together to combine fully. Stir in the mozzarella and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs along with the salt and pepper. Whisk in the basil butter mix.
- Place the remaining tablespoon of butter in a medium sized pan and heat over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan and cook, stirring constantly to scramble the eggs.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, divide between two plates and top each plate with the remaining basil. Enjoy while hot.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021