Chorizo and eggs are loaded with flavor!
We get it–mornings are hectic! But it is possible to have a delicious breakfast without spending too much of your valuable time in the kitchen. Chorizo and eggs are the ideal low carb breakfast that is hearty, flavorful and can be whipped up in about 20 minutes. If you’ve been looking for a fast meal that will fill you up without skimping on your diet then this is a dish for you. Breakfast is important and it’s time to invest in recipes that not only taste amazing but are actually good for you, too.
First, let’s start with how simple this recipe is! It only requires a handful of ingredients that blend together some amazing flavors. Eggs and sausage are a traditional favorite. It’s simple, but oh so good! Pair that with a little onion and salt and pepper and OH MY! Yes, this recipe is incredibly basic, but it’s the type of dish you have to try for yourself to see just how scrumptious it really is.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Typically, chorizo and eggs make an excellent breakfast, but it’s also hearty enough to serve as a lunch food as well. Have a brunch scheduled? Serve this up to your guests! It’s a satisfying meal that we dare say you can enjoy any time. Breakfast for dinner, anyone? There’s never a wrong time to enjoy this tasty meal that is brimming with mouth-watering flavor.
If you’re a low carb foodie or just someone that wants something healthy and delicious then this is the type of meal you need to be serving up. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have texture, delicious flavor, and simplicity. Chorizo and eggs just so happens to have it all! Try this dish this week and tell us just how much you enjoy it.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 (3-ounce) chorizo sausages
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Slice open the sausage casings and spoon the meat into a bowl then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until browned then stir in the sausage.
- Cook until the sausage is just cooked through then spread it evenly in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Break up the yolks a little bit with a wooden spoon, stirring the eggs into the sausage.
- Cook until the egg whites are firm and the yolks are done to your liking. Serve hot.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019