You HAVE to try this keto sausage egg casserole!
It’s true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so you definitely want to make sure it’s healthy AND delicious. Fortunately, this sausage egg casserole recipe covers both. You will never settle for cold cereal ever again once you sink our teeth into this hearty meal. You will absolutely love the combination of seasoned sausage, eggs, and of course–melted cheese! This dish has everything you love about a good casserole without all the unnecessary carbs. Finally, a sinfully delicious recipe that you can enjoy with absolutely no guilt.
Let’s talk about what makes this recipe SO amazing. One of the best things about this sausage egg casserole is that it only takes a few basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand. The prep time only involves cooking up the sausage and mixing it all together before popping it into your oven. Isn’t it great to have a delicious breakfast that doesn’t require a ton of hands-on cook time? In about 30 minutes you will be taking a bite of this piping hot casserole that will definitely be an instant hit among your family and friends.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
This breakfast casserole is perfect for those early mornings when you just want the oven to do all the work. However, don’t forget it could easily become the perfect dish for a brunch. It serves eight so if you have a small gathering scheduled in the near future, make sure you include this amazing recipe! It may not require a lot of effort from you, but the result is downright delicious! Everybody is sure to give you their nod of approval.
And let’s not forget one of the best things about this dish–it’s totally keto-friendly. If you’ve been on the lookout for a scrumptious low carb breakfast then you HAVE to give this dish a try!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper in a bowl then set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned then spread in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion then pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the eggs are set and lightly browned on top.
- Cool for 5 minutes then cut into slices to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019
Can this be frozen and reheated in microwave. When you need a quick breakfast
Could I sub in cream for the almond milk?
Yes, that would be fine! Though I would use half heavy cream, half water to substitute for almond milk.