Cauliflower toast with avocado is the perfect keto breakfast food!
There’s something simple, yet satisfying, about enjoying a slice of fresh toast in the morning. While we all may have our favorite, cauliflower toast with avocado is sure to be an instant win. You won’t believe how delicious this low carb recipe is!
We all know that regular toast is loaded with carbs, so most of us low carb foodies avoid it altogether. However, as most of us know, cauliflower is our best friend! Simply bake the perfectly seasoned cauliflower mixture, and you have a great alternative to bread. It’s crisp, tasty, and holds its shape nicely.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The simple avocado mixture ties the whole thing together. It’s fresh, flavorful, and packed full of nutrients your body needs. This is a great breakfast food, but could easily be an afternoon snack as well. Cook it up anytime you get in the mood for something easy to throw together, but still very tasty.
Remember, avocado doesn’t keep very long so be sure to make the mixture fresh for each batch. Enjoy!
- 1 small head cauliflower (grated)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium avocado (pitted and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 8 minutes.
- After the cauliflower has cooled completely, spread on paper towels to drain and press with a clean towel to remove excess moisture.
- Put the cauliflower back in the bowl and stir in the egg, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet in four rounded squares, as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- Mash the avocado with the lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado onto the cauliflower toast to serve. Makes 2 servings.
- For leftovers, prepare the cauliflower toast as directed and prepare the avocado mash fresh.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019
If you cook s bunch of toast can you store it after
very tasty , but more like a pancake than toast!!!