A Simple, Keto Italian Feast!
Why Italian on this particular day? It’s exactly 2 weeks until we leave for our Italian adventure! Rami and I have been planning a sort of Eurotrip for a few months now and it’s finally upon us. We’re officially going to Italy and a few other countries over the next couple of months and we’re so excited to blog about the entire trip and all the yummy food we’ll be experiencing. We think our Instagram and Youtube will thank us!
How did this come about? We’ve been dreaming of a life beyond New York ever since we first met. The destination was never set in stone but we always knew we wanted to travel as much as we could. Italy was naturally the first choice. I took a few years of Italian in high school and fell in love with it, continuing to study it on my own whenever I could. When we realized travel was in our near future, Rami quickly caught up thanks to some tutoring and audio lessons. After weeks of scouring for good airline deals and countless Airbnb inquiries, we finally booked our first few stays!
Note: If you don’t have an Airbnb account yet, use our affiliate link to get $35 off your first booking!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
We’re going to be living in Rome and Florence for the first few weeks of our adventure. During this time, we’ll be sampling all the local, delicious cuisine and, not to mention, relaxing a bit. We can’t think of a better place to start our travels than picturesque Tuscany. To celebrate this milestone in our lives, we’ve decided to announce it alongside a classic Italian recipe with a low carb spin, of course.
Our Low Carb Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta was done before we could even get hungry! This easy, low carb dinner has just a few ingredients and can be ready in only 20 minutes. This recipe is also the third in our Miracle Noodle series. We bought a variety pack on Amazon and have been working our way through it, experimenting with lots of different recipes. If you want to check out the two previous ones, have a look!
Love Miracle Noodles? Give these a try!
For this recipe, we threw in some fresh shrimp (always better than frozen!) and lemon slices for a really fresh, light meal that can be made for lunch or dinner. At only 3.5 grams of net carbs per serving, anyone can enjoy this pasta any day of the week!
If you’re a fan of easy, low carb dinner recipes that only take a few common ingredients to make, you should definitely take a look at our latest ecookbook – Dinner in Five. It’s full of dinner recipes that use only 5 ingredients each. Every recipe in the book is 5 grams of net carbs or fewer – that means staying in keto just got easier. Take a look at what others are saying about Dinner in Five before you try it for yourself!
In the meantime, enjoy this super simple dinner recipe and stay tuned for many more Italian inspired dishes!
- 2 bags Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Set a pot of water to boil. Drain the water from your Miracle Noodle Angel Hair bag and rinse the noodles for a few minutes in cool water. Then, boil them for 2 minutes.
- Add them to a dry, hot pan on medium heat and dry roast them to evaporate most of the excess water. This will help the noodles absorb more flavors while cooking. Once they're dry, set them aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In the same pan, add the butter and olive oil and let them heat up. Crush the garlic cloves and add them to the butter and oil. Cook until fragrant but not brown.
- Slice the lemon into rounds. Add the lemon slices and shrimp to the garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes on each of the shrimps' sides.
- When the shrimp are cooked and opaque, add the noodles to the pan and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Toss everything to coat the noodles in the flavors.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil and enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb dinners to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
I just recently started a ketogenic diet and this recipe looks amazing, however, would substitutions for the shrimp be possible? I’m allergic to shellfish, but could switching the protein to chicken or beef change the composition of the dish?
As long as you cook that protein to your liking and then add it to the dish after it’s done, you’ll love the result! I recommend crispy baked chicken thighs 🙂