Try this low carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe!
Are you looking for the perfect ketogenic comfort food? Chicken Enchilada soup is sure to fit the bill. Part chicken enchilada and part vegetable soup, this is the meal that merges two of your favorite recipes into one single dish! It’s loaded with moist chicken, delicious veggies, and all the flavor you could ask for. Sometimes soups get a bad rap for not being filling, but this recipe is a step above the rest. This dish is easy enough to be whipped together for lunch, but hearty enough to be a satisfying dinner. Either way, you are sure to enjoy this recipe right down to the very last spoonful!
The most misunderstood thing about the low carb diet is flavor. Sometimes people are hesitant to give this healthier diet a shot because they assume that they will never enjoy delicious flavors ever again. How wrong they are! Chicken Enchilada Soup is one of many recipes that proves that keto-friendly dishes are not only good for the body but can be downright scrumptious, too! You won’t be disappointed by the amazing taste and satisfying texture of this dish.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Let’s take a minute the appreciate the simplicity of this particular recipe. Not only is it brimming with incredible flavor and hearty chunks of fresh vegetables, but it’s one of the most hands-off meals you can make. Simply take a few minutes to prep the soup and let the stovetop do the rest. The hardest part is waiting for the soup to simmer to its absolute best, but we promise it’s well worth the wait!
Whether you’re looking for an easy dinner idea or need something to feed a crowd–this is an excellent low carb recipe. Get your bowl ready because it won’t last long!
Searching for more comfort food recipes? Why don’t you try a classic – keto chicken noodle soup from Primal Edge Health! This keto version will definitely warm you up on a cold winter’s day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large stalks celery diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces cooked chicken thighs shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion, red pepper, and garlic then sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, and oregano then stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 20 minutes then stir in the cream cheese and bring to a boil once more.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and stir it into the soup along with the cilantro and lime juice.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our keto recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Just wondering, is the red pepper a bell pepper?
Yep, exactly! We’ll add that in to be more specific.