Low Carb and Delicious Pizza Sauce!
Pizza sauce is an important staple to many dishes (not just pizza). Aside from pizza, you can make chili, tomato soup, pasta, mussels and much more. We are always improving ours and are extremely happy with the current recipe, that’s why we’re sharing it!
Warning: We use A LOT of garlic (as garlic lovers should) and if you wish to lower the amount in your pizza sauce recipe, go right ahead. But be warned, it will not be identically delicious!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
|Servings: 12" pizzas|
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 head garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan grated
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp So Nourished erythritol sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- In a wide skillet, melt the butter with 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic, onion and celery and saute until soft and transparent (make sure your flame is medium-low).
- Add the tomato paste and tomato sauce and stir everything until you reach an even consistency.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir again to ensure it’s even throughout. Bring the flame to a low simmer.
- Let it simmer for 40 minutes to an hour (highly preferable and recommended!).
- Remove the small bay leaf and your sauce is ready! Spread the sauce on your pizza dough, eat with pasta, or put away for later.
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our keto recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Can I freeze this?