You will LOVE this keto ground beef burrito recipe!
Everybody goes crazy for Taco Tuesday, but we firmly believe that the burrito deserves just as much attention–this recipe certainly proves it! If you’ve been dying for a tasty burrito (that happens to be keto-friendly), then look no further than this amazing meal. It’s loaded with everything you love about a regular burrito. The spices, perfectly cooked beef, and crisp wrap are EVERYTHING! It’s the perfect dish to add to your weekday meal plan.
The trick to making this recipe low carb is all about the wrap. Rather than using a carb-loaded tortilla, you simply create your own version. Coconut flour, ground psyllium husk, almond milk, baking soda, and cream tartar are what make this possible. If you’re not familiar with psyllium husk–don’t worry. It simply comes from seeds derived from a plant called Plantago ovata. It gives a fiber-infused texture without all those carbs. With this little ingredient added it makes it even easier to enjoy meals that are traditionally served with breads. This is a total win for all of you low carb foodies out there!
Now let’s take a moment to celebrate the amazing flavor of this recipe! If there’s one thing you should know about a good burrito is that it should NEVER skimp on bold flavor. The combination of garlic, cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano (and much more!) is what really makes this meal stand out. The combination of all the spices come together in a way that will send your taste buds into overdrive! You simply won’t be able to get enough of this incredibly delicious meal.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Lunch, dinner, or maybe something in between–there’s never a wrong time to enjoy this ground beef burrito recipe. This fast dinner option is the perfect dish to serve up to your family this week. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large eggs
- 12 large egg whites (very fresh)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream tartar
- shredded cheese (to serve)
- Diced Avocado (to serve)
- sour cream (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with a spoon.
- Add the diced tomatoes and spices then stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat while you prepare the wraps.
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk, almond milk, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined then let rest for 10 minutes and whisk again.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and grease with cooking spray.
- Pour in just enough batter to coat the bottom of the skillet, tilting it to spread evenly.
- Cook until the bottom of the wrap is set then carefully flip it and cook until just browned on the other side.
- Remove the wrap to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining wrap batter – you should have about 12 wraps.
- Spoon the cooked beef into the wraps and top with shredded cheese, avocado, and sour cream.
- Roll the wraps up around the fillings to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019