Low Carb Burgers For The Win!
When you first begin a low carb lifestyle, you may find certain things hard to give up. One of those may be a bun with your burger. It is such a tradition to serve a burger on top of a carb filled bun that many people find this habit one that is hard to break. However, it must be done! And it can be done easily, in a tasty and creative way. Here is how…
One of the reasons a burger bun is so good is that it adds to the taste of the burger itself. So, in order to make sure there is no flavors lacking, you just need to make a better burger- one that can stand up on its own, no bun needed! In order to tackle this need for flavor, we added a lot of little extras into this burger, starting with the meat.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Lamb is a very tender, succulent meat that has a very strong but pleasant flavors. The taste of lamb is more powerful than beef and is therefore a great meat to use when you are trying to make a burger with flavor overload. Ground lamb can be used just like any other ground meat so you should have no problem mixing it into burgers of any kind!
Zucchini was the next addition to this burger recipe that was imperative. Not only does zucchini add a nice, sweet and earthy taste but it also adds an incredible amount of moisture to the burgers. Zucchini is primarily composed of water and when that juicy zucchini is put into a burger mix, it will make the burgers so moist and tender that you won’t even believe one ingredient could make such a huge impact. Zucchini is necessary!
Garlic and oregano help add some spice to these lamb burgers, making sure they are well seasoned and pair well with the next little burger surprise- the salad. That’s right there is a salad just for the burger! If you can’t top a burger with a bun, put a tasty salad on top!
This easy, diced Greek salad is also full of flavors that mingle together and then blend right into the burger. When you take a bite of burger, you also get a crunchy, tangy taste as well thanks to the salad addition. So forget about that old, soggy burger bun and get ready to enjoy something much more refreshing, much more flavorful and much more healthy. This lamb burger topped with Greek salad will not disappoint!
- 1 3/4 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small zucchini (finely grated)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red pepper (cored, diced)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine the ground lamb, zucchini, garlic, egg, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Stir well by hand then season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 6 even-sized patties by hand and flatten slightly.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and grease the grates with olive oil.
- Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toss together the remaining ingredients to make the salad.
- When the burgers are cooked, remove from grill and spoon salad over the burgers to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021