Serve up this authentic Philly cheese steak recipe!
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing quite as good as a perfectly cooked Philly cheese steak! While this dish may traditionally served up on bread, just know you can still enjoy it without all those unnecessary carbs. Opt for keto sandwich rolls (also known as Oopsie Rolls) instead and you have a meal that’s sure to be delicious right down to the very last bite. Of course, you can always enjoy it all on its own if you prefer no bread at all. It’s flavorful enough to stand on its own. The choice really is yours!
Not only is this recipe incredibly tasty, but it’s also very easy to make. All you need are a few common ingredients and about 20 minutes at your disposal. Yes! It’s really that simple. If you’ve been eyeing this recipe for a while, just know that even the most beginner chef can pull it off! Of course, the trick is to make sure you evenly season the steak pieces and add just the right amount of cheese. The easy-to-follow instructions make this recipe a walk in the park. Don’t let this be a meal that you only order off a menu. Whip it up in your very own kitchen! You won’t be disappointed.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Philly cheese steak makes the perfect quick lunch, but it’s also hearty enough to enjoy for dinner as well. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or want to impress your guests, this is a great recipe to have on hand. You are sure to fall in love with the collaborative flavors of fresh onion, peppers, and of course, the sirloin steak smothered in provolone cheese. Low carb recipes are not only healthy but taste great, too. This dish proves it. Let us know what you think about this amazing keto-friendly dish!
If you loved this recipe, try this Philly Cheesesteak Keto Stuffed Peppers from Keto Cooking Christian. Savory steak, sauteed onions, and mushrooms baked in peppers with delicious, melted cheese on top – it’s a mouth-watering recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium green pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced thin)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 Oopsie rolls (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste then slice into very thin strips.
- Add the steak to the skillet and sauté until just browned then remove to a bowl.
- Reheat the skillet and add the green peppers and onion.
- Sauté until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes, then toss in the cooked steak.
- Cook until just heated through then cover with slices of provolone.
- Place the skillet under the broiler until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Spoon the mixture onto keto bread or Oopsie Rolls to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019