Low carb strawberry shortcake is a dream come true!
One of the best things about the keto diet is that you can still indulge in a delicious treat from time-to-time. You don’t have to avoid your favorite foods–you just have to make a few minor adjustments. For example, this strawberry shortcake recipe is downright delicious, and I dare say you wouldn’t even notice it’s a low carb solution. It has the same great texture and amazing flavor that you know and love. You could easily serve this up to a diverse group of guests, and they would have no idea it is a keto-friendly option. Tell them or not–your secret is safe with me!
So what exactly makes this particular strawberry shortcake recipe a low carb option? First, you’ll rely on almond flour instead of traditional white flour. This greatly cuts the carbs without sacrificing the texture. Don’t worry, you’ll get plenty of sweetness, but it won’t be from sugar! Instead, powdered erythritol and liquid stevia offer all the sweetness you could possibly want while still keeping this dessert sugar-free. Not only is this an excellent treat for all of you low carb foodies out there, but it could also be a tasty treat for anybody watching their sugar intake.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Strawberry shortcake is delicious any time of year but is especially refreshing during those hot weather months. It’s a light treat that’s simple to whip up! To get the full effect of this incredible dessert, sandwich whipped cream and fresh strawberries between two slices of shortcake. Don’t forget to top with whipped cream! This dessert not only tastes AMAZING, but it’s a cute little treat that you can serve up at any occasion.
Try this low carb dessert recipe and watch how quickly your guests line up for it! It’s easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
If you loved this recipe and are looking for more strawberry-flavored desserts, you should check out these low-carb chocolate strawberry cupcakes from Real Balanced. With a tasty, chocolate base, and sweet, strawberry puree, you can’t go wrong!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons So Nourished powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop plain whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Beat the butter until fluffy then beat in the eggs, sweeteners, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift the almond flour, protein powder, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt over the wet ingredients and stir into a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter in the prepared dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool the cake completely then turn out and slice it into two even layers.
- Slice the strawberries as thin as possible and spread them in a single layer over one cake layer.
- Top with whipped cream and the second cake layer.
- Pipe with additional whipped cream, if desired, and slice to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019