You will LOVE this cheesy taco pie recipe!
This low carb recipe is for all of you taco lovers out there! Let’s get real for a minute–tacos are absolutely delicious, but (depending on how they are prepared) can be loaded with unnecessary carbs. That’s a no-go for anybody following the keto diet! But have no fear, we know just what to do to get your taco fix WITHOUT skimping on your diet. It’s all about making the right adjustments without sacrificing the flavor.
This cheesy taco recipe is everything! Not only does it combine all of your favorite taco flavors, but it totally dodges the need for a tortilla or other carb-loaded shell. Instead, you simply combine all of the delicious ingredients into a glass pie plate and pop it in the oven. How easy is that?
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The texture of this cheesy taco pie is in large thanks to the eggs. Pouring the eggs and heavy cream mixture over the seasoned beef allows the “pie” texture to take form. It keeps the ingredients perfectly together without overwhelming the flavor.
Not only is this meal low carb, but it also happens to be an excellent source of protein. You can enjoy this meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner–or even something in between! A meal like this is so versatile that you can add it to a weekly menu or serve it up at a special gathering. The choice is yours!
If you’re in the mood for a yummy taco, then this is the answer to your low carb dreams. It’s simple to make and even easier to enjoy! Try for yourself and let us know if it makes the cut (Pro tip: It definitely will!).
If you love tacos, then you should try these air fryer meatballs from Two Sleevers. Not only are they keto-friendly, but they are also bursting with juicy and delicious taco flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (to serve)
- Diced Avocado (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, breaking it up into chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper then reduce heat and cook on medium-low for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pie plate and set aside.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and eggs then pour over the beef.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges then serve with sour cream and diced avocado, if desired.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019