Fruit & Cheese!
You know the magic that is fruit and cheese. There’s something about the combination of fresh, sweet and juicy + smooth, dense and creamy.
Whenever we spot a cheese board in a restaurant, as keto-ers, we think it’s our duty to test it out. Our favorite cheese boards, we’ve noticed, always include some type of fruit. Usually, it’s grapes, apples, or apricots. The least sweet and most fibrous of the bunch turns out to be apples. Apples are not exactly an all-you-can-eat type of food on a ketogenic diet, but we allow them in moderation.
We used 1 small gala apple for this Keto Brie & Apple Crepes recipe. Split among the 4 people this recipe feeds only adds about 3.5 carbs to each serving. Coupled with the 37 grams of total fat in each serving, we don’t think that’s too unreasonable :).
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
This recipe is great on its own, simply eaten with a fork and knife. You can also roll each crepe into delicious little cigars and pack them away for lunch later. Keep them chilled in a fridge until you’re ready to dig in!
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 oz. chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small gala apple (or any sweet apple)
- 4 oz. brie cheese (room temperature)
- fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Begin by combining the batter ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender and blending until smooth.
- Heat up a small amount of unsalted butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Ladle some of the crepe batter into the pan and swirl the contents around so that the batter is thin and spread out evenly. Let cook until the top looks dry (about 2-3 minutes), then flip gently with a large spatula and cook the other side for a few seconds.
- Repeat this step until you have about 12 crepes. Layer them on top of each other on a plate while you prep the toppings/fillings.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small pan and toast the chopped pecans until fragrant, but not too browned. Sprinkle with cinnamon and mix. Then, transfer them to a plate to cool.
- Slice an apple thinly, as well as the brie cheese.
- Arrange the apple slices and brie on 1 crepe and top with some of the toasted pecans. Repeat for all the crepes until all the toppings have been used.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy with a fork and knife or rolled up!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb breakfasts to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on