The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021
- 5 slices bacon sliced into thin strips, divided
- 1 pound broccoli florets chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon So Nourished monk fruit erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel-lined plate to de-grease.
- Transfer almost all crumbled bacon from plate to a large mixing bowl, setting some bacon aside for garnish. To bowl, add broccoli and shredded cheddar and toss all ingredients together until well-combined.
- To a small mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, and monk fruit sweetener and mix together. Pour into mixing bowl of bacon and broccoli and toss until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Cover bowl with lid or foil and transfer mixing bowl to refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Immediately prior to serving, mix in sunflower seeds and garnish bowls with remaining bacon crumbles.
Broccoli Substitution: Cauliflower florets can be substituted in for broccoli florets at a 1:1 ratio. Alternatively, you can use both cauliflower florets (½ lb) and broccoli florets (½ lb) for a Broccoli Cauliflower Salad.
Monk Fruit Sweetener Substitution: In place of monk fruit sweetener, erythritol or Swerve can be used at a 1:1 ratio. To substitute stevia in, I would suggest using pure powdered stevia and, since a little bit goes a very long way, start with only ¼ tsp and then taste test before adding more.
Sunflower Seed Substitution: If you do not have a nut allergy or intolerance, slivered almonds or chopped walnuts can be substituted in for sunflower seeds at a 1:1 ratio.
Storage: Store broccoli salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days.
Leave A Comment