This beef jerky recipe is the perfect low carb snack!
Who doesn’t absolutely LOVE a good piece of beef jerky? This low carb beef jerky recipe is loaded with flavor and has the option to turn up the heat if you’re into that sort of thing. The chewy texture and meaty flavor make this particular snack an excellent source of protein. Not only is it tasty, but it’s a great pick-me-up if you plan to spend a day outdoors. Whether you want a snack that packs up nicely or just wants to enjoy a flavorful treat that isn’t sweet–this best beef jerky recipe fits the bill.
So what exactly makes this the best beef jerky recipe? We’re glad you asked! We think it’s the marinated flavor that is absolutely undeniable. An excellent piece of beef jerky is flavorful, chewy, and easily stored for future use. This recipe has it all! If you’re tired of settling for the store-bought stuff, then you’ll definitely appreciate the homemade goodness found in this fantastic recipe!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Now let’s talk about the spices that make this snack stand out from the rest. The combination of garlic powder, allspice, coriander, and red pepper flakes (if you prefer) come together to create the most delicious beef jerky flavor on the planet! Keep in mind; this isn’t an instant recipe. You do need to allow the meat to marinate for several hours to really soak in that amazing flavor. All good things come to those who wait–and that’s true for this recipe, too!
The perfect piece of homemade beef jerky is hard to come by, but with a little direction, you can create it in your very own kitchen! Set this out for your family and friends and watch their delight! It’s not every day that you get homemade low carb beef jerky–but learn this recipe and you very well could!
- 2 pounds London broil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice the beef across the grain into very thin strips.
- Whisk together the apple juice, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, pepper, allspice, and coriander in a small bowl.
- Place the sliced beef in a large zippered freezer bag and pour in the marinade.
- Shake well to coat then refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment and spread the sliced beef on them in a single layer.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and let the beef dry for 6 hours.
- If they are not completely dry and dark in color, turn off the oven and let them dry overnight with the door closed.
- Store the beef jerky in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019