So easy to make this low carb basic egg salad recipe!
It’s that time of year when everybody just wants something refreshing and cool for their meals. It’s just too hot out there to sit down to a plate of piping hot food. If you’ve been on the lookout for light, simple, and cool meals then we’ve got you covered with this amazing little dish!
Everybody should have a solid egg salad recipe on hand. It’s a simple yet tasty dish that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes which is perfect for quick lunches. If you’ve been searching for a fast recipe that yields huge results then you’ll definitely want to jot this one down!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
This basic egg salad recipe is keto-friendly and only requires a handful of familiar ingredients–there’s nothing complicated about this one! Of course, you’ll need 8 large eggs, a couple of stalks of celery, onion and your favorite condiments–mayo on mustard. Toss all of it together and you have a delicious combination. Serve it cold to make it an ideal summer lunch recipe. To keep it low carb, forget making a sandwich on bread. Bread is filled with unnecessary carbs that don’t do anything for this dish! Instead, enjoy a bowl full of this yummy salad or simply use a fresh leaf of lettuce to make a quick wrap. Either way, you’re sure to appreciate all the goodness this recipe has to offer without all the additional carbs.
Because this dish stores in the refrigerator, you could easily whip it up as a make-ahead lunch for your busy work week. It’s fast, tastes great, and aligns with your diet goals. Does it get much better than that? We think not! Whether you’re looking for a quick meal or simply want something for your next gathering, egg salad can definitely be your go-to. In just a few minutes you can enjoy this dish for yourself! Cook it up today and let us know how much you love it!
- 8 large eggs
- 2 medium stalks celery (sliced)
- 2 stalks green onion (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring the water to boil then turn off the heat and cover the saucepan.
- Let the eggs cook for 15 minutes then transfer to an ice bath to cool.
- When cooled, peel the eggs and chop them coarsely into a bowl.
- Toss in the celery and green onion until well combined.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper then chill until ready to serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019