This Low Carb Recipe Will Spice Up Your Flank!
The other night, we were in the mood for a different, mouth-watering sauce and had some fresh flank steak waiting to be cooked so I decided to come up with a tasty sauce that had some OOMPH. When it comes to our taste buds, we love strong flavors, so a spicy, citrusy and acidic sauce was a must. Spicy generally goes well with sour because it helps keep that OOMPH going after the initial sour shock. We love a good burn!
After testing a few citrus/acidic ingredients and hot sauces, I landed on sriracha, lime and vinegar. Olive oil was added to help thicken the mixture a bit and add some fat. If you like spicy & sour and even a little bit of sweetness, I think you’ll find this low carb sauce has a great combination of flavors that complement flank steak very well. In fact, you may want to make a big batch of this sauce since you’ll likely run out the first day!
- Liberally season the steak with salt & pepper. Broil for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Add 1 minute on each side for medium and 2 minutes for well-done.
- Cover the steak and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze fresh lime in a bowl and mix with sriracha, vinegar, salt & pepper. While whisking these together, slowly pour in olive oil to create an emulsion and thicken the sauce.
- Slice steak thin & serve with sauce and your choice of side, like roasted asparagus. Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb dinner recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Low Carb Sweeteners – Your Best Options - June 2, 2020
- Keto Drinks Besides Water – Tasty Refreshments - June 2, 2020
- Is Erythritol Keto-Friendly? An Overview - June 2, 2020
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on
Where are the carbs mostly coming from in this dish? I have to try and stay below 5 carbs for dinner lol.
Sriracha is pretty high in carbs. Considering using a lower carb hot sauce 🙂
What kind of vinegar would you recommend? thx!
Regular white vinegar!
Yum! Great for a summer bbq…:)
Wow that sauce looks so delicious! Thank you for the recipe
It’s amazing! Give it a try 🙂