Easiest Keto Roast Ever
When thinking about what to make for dinner, I often choose the easiest meal possible. While I absolutely love to cook, I also don’t always have time to put together a five-course, low carb dinner. So, whatever is the most simple is the dinner winner. This crockpot pot roast is definitely one of the easiest and also most delicious meals in my keto dinner repertoire and a recipe that I make quite frequently. After all, who doesn’t love a crockpot meal- a few simple steps and then you can leave the house for hours, coming home to a fantastic dinner! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
So how exactly does a slow cooker, or crockpot work? Basically, the food is all placed inside the bowl and the lid is put on the pot. The bowl of the machine is slowly heated and then kept at a low, steady temperature, cooking the food inside. Slow cookers, are especially great for cooking tougher cuts of meat or hearty vegetables. The slow cooking process helps to break down the proteins in the meat (the part of the meat that makes it chewy and tough), giving you a softer, juicy dish at the end. They are also great tools for making complete meals in one pot. All the meat, veggies and starches can be thrown in the bowl together, all cooking at once so you do not have to make multiple side dishes. Essentially, slow cookers are the simplest way to cook great food with very little effort.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
For this recipe, we start by seasoning the meat and letting it sit. Doing this will help extract the juices inside the meat and lead to a more tender meat later on. We also sear the meat before placing it in the slow cooker. You can choose to skip this step but it definitely added a rich, caramel taste to the meat and to the dish overall.
For this keto slow cooker pot roast, we cook the meat with radishes, carrots, onions and herbs. As all of the ingredients cook together, they absorb the flavors of each other, getting tastier and tastier. Once everything has cooked (yes, it takes ten hours but it is worth the time!), everything you need for a complete keto meal will be right inside your crock pot! After smelling the roast cooking all day, you are surely ready to take a bite and enjoy this tender, juicy flavorful dish! Let us know what you think- we hope you love it as much as we do!
Looking for another slow cooker recipe? Try this keto beef stroganoff from My Life Cookbook! It’s a delicious low carb recipe that’s high in protein and flavor!
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups radishes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 cups beef broth
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chuck roast and rub it into the meat well to season.
- Place the chuck roast on a plate and let sit for 30 minutes to come to room temperature (it will cook better!).
- Heat the butter in a saute pan over high heat and add the chuck roast. Sear on each side for about a minute to brown. Transfer the roast to a slow cooker along with any butter from the pan.
- Add the veggies to the slow cooker, around the roast.
- Add the seasonings and the beef broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 10 hours on the “low” setting.
- Serve once cooked while hot.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021