Enjoy frosted sugar cookies!
Sugar cookies make an excellent go-to dessert during the holiday season. Not only is it a delicious treat, but it can be a fun activity for people to enjoy together. It’s always fun to decorate sugar cookies while hanging out with the people we love the most!
While you may have assumed that following a low carb diet means that you can never enjoy sugar cookies again, you’d be sadly mistaken. With a few minor adjustments, you can indulge in this classic cookie without any of the guilt.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
You’ll notice in the ingredients that there isn’t actually any sugar in this keto version. Instead, the recipe calls for powdered erythritol which is just as sweet as regular sugar but has virtually no calories, carbs, or glycemic index score. With this one simple ingredient, you can still have the sweetness without those common disadvantages. Why isn’t everybody doing this?!
What else makes this recipe slightly different? There is no white flour. Instead, the recipe calls for almond flour which achieves that cookie-like texture we all know and love, but with fewer carbs. Are you beginning to see a pattern here? Being low carb doesn’t mean avoiding desserts, it just means learning to bake with purpose.
You could easily serve this up to a crowd of people and they will likely not notice a difference! This is an excellent recipe if you want something healthier to place on the dessert table.
During the holiday season, many people are tempted to eat whatever is served even if it doesn’t coincide with their dietary goals. However, you can change the game by committing to serving low carb options that can still cure your sweet tooth. Make your very own traditions by baking up this keto version of the frosted sugar cookie. You are sure to love it right down to the very last crumble!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you must try these Keto Sugar Cookies from Appetite for Energy! Made under 30 minutes, they make for the perfect low-carb snack for you to enjoy with your friends and family during the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup So Nourished powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Beat the almond flour, powdered erythritol, coconut flour, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until it comes together in a dough.
- Gather the dough and sandwich it between two pieces of parchment.
- Roll the dough out to ¼-inch thick and cut it out using holiday-themed cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheets and bake for 9 to 10 minutes until just browned on the edges – bake them 30 to 60 seconds less for slightly softer cookies.
- Let the cookies cool while you prepare the frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, powdered erythritol, almond milk, and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth – add more almond milk if needed to thin.
- Frost the cookies and decorate as desired.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Lemon and Toasted Coconut Squares Recipe - June 13, 2019
- Cheesy Ham & Chive Keto Souffle Recipe - June 10, 2019
- Copycat Sausage Egg Muffin Recipe - June 6, 2019