Weight loss is directly connected to caloric intake. If you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.
Your body type, job and how much you exercise dictate how much your burn. Due to a multitude of factors, it’s difficult to provide an immediate answer to why you may not be losing weight, however, there are a few major things to keep in mind:
- When did you start dieting?
- Are you actually eating less than you burn? (Use our keto calculator to figure out how much you should be eating to lose weight)
- Do you drink alcohol? (calories from alcohol add up QUICK and really slow down weight loss, see our Keto alcohol guide)
- How often are you weighing yourself?
- How much water are you drinking?
It’s also important to keep in mind that if you started keto recently, you were likely initially losing a lot of water weight. This happens due to the flushing of sodium and stored glycogen before entering ketosis. Real fat loss can only be a few pounds a week and fluctuating water retention can throw that number off and seem confusing.
We recommend taking weekly progress photos and waist measurements in addition to using a scale. Photos help you visualize the progress and commonly give a better look into your progress than scales do! Try to do monthly reviews of all your progress with the photos and recorded measurements. That’s when you’ll truly see your progress. 🙂
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018