Amazing Low Carb Mushroom Soup
If you are a big fan of mushrooms, chances are you have had a few, great mushrooms soups in your life. If you are specifically a fan of creamy mushroom soups, then this is a recipe that you are going to enjoy. While many creamy mushroom soups out there involve potatoes and other carb laden ingredients in order to help them get thicker and more flavorful, our recipe is completely keto-friendly, with only 4 grams of net carbs! That probably convinces you even more that this recipe is one to try.
What makes this recipe so creamy is the high quantity of mushrooms, onions, and, of course, the cream. When the vegetables are dense, they will make a thicker soup when pureed. There is definitely plenty of chicken broth, cream and butter to prevent the soup from being too thick, but instead, it is just the right balance of creaminess and soupiness!
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
While we could talk about the herbs and mushrooms all day long (we love mushrooms!), one of the best things about this soup is the kale chips that are added on top. If you have never tried kale chips, you are missing out- you need to try them right now! They are the perfect, salty, keto snack and also a wonderful topping to creamy soups like this one.
To make kale chips, all you need to do is toss kale, olive oil and apple cider vinegar together and bake the chips. You can sprinkle some sea salt of freshly ground pepper over the chips before they bake as well, especially if you will be eating them plain, as a snack. If possible, use baby kale that is a little more tender and soft. If you are using more mature kale, be sure to remove the stems from the entire leaf of the kale. The stems and center rib of the leafy green is quite tough and does not have the best flavor.
Once baked, the kale will be very crunchy and truly addicting. While you may find it hard to eat a regular serving of kale, you will easily be able to devour a serving of kale chips! Place a few on your creamy mushroom soup and you will have a match made in culinary heaven. Crunchy, salty kale and cream, savory mushrooms will make your mouth water. This soup is perfect to make in the fall or winter when a warm cup of soup can truly make your day better. Enjoy!
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Toss the kale, olive oil and vinegar together well then place on a foil lined sheet tray in a single layer.
- Bake the chips in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. The kale should be nice and crispy but not too brown. Set aside.
- Add the butter, onions and mushrooms to a large pot and heat over medium, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the onions and mushrooms are browned.
- Add the sage and cook for one more minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Pour the soup into a blender along with the salt, pepper and heavy cream. Blend until smooth, then divide into bowls and top with the crispy kale chips.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021