Foil Fajita Packs on the Grill
Fajitas are a favorite dinner to many. They have so much flavor, can be incredibly healthy and they are fairly simple to make. But when the weather turns hot and humid, no one wants to be flipping a skillet over a hot stove in order to have fajitas. That is why we created this grilled fajita recipe which can be made completely on the grill, no need to turn on the stove inside your house at all!
Grilling sliced veggies is something that may seem a little tricky but can easily be done with a few choice tools. While you can opt to purchase a frying pan that you can use on a grill (one without a plastic handle and can withstand temperatures over 50 degrees F), you can also use a simple piece of foil. A large piece of foil will hold all of your sliced veggies, all of your chicken, and still, give you that robust grilled flavor. The foil is thin enough to allow the veggies to char but thick enough to hold together, preventing the food from falling in between the grill grates.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Cooking the veggies and chicken together in the packet enables all the spices and marinade ingredients to mingle together, cooking directly onto the food. When you grill without foil, marinades tend to drip down onto the hot coals below, causing you to lose flavor. Not the case in this recipe! The delicious taste of fresh lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, and cayenne will be seared right into the chicken and vegetables- not even one drop of flavor lost!
Making a foil packet is also a fun way to serve fajitas. If you have ever gone to a Mexican style restaurant and ordered fajitas, you may have had them delivered on a hot skillet, smoke still pouring off of the plate. You can get this same effect when you cook the fajita mix on the grill in the foil packet. Once the veggies and meat are fully cooked, you can simply lift the packet off the grill, put it on a plate, and serve it as is- smoke steaming from the packet as if you were in an authentic Mexican restaurant! So not only is the foil convenient but it is also a little bit fancy!
Next time you are craving fajitas on a hot summer’s day, fire up the grill and get out your foil. You are going to love this low carb, grilled version of fajitas and when you do decide to give this recipe a try, we would love to hear what you think! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 medium red bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the chicken, peppers, onions, and zucchini in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken mixture and toss to coat – season with salt.
- Lay out six large pieces of foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the six pieces of foil, folding them and pinching the sides to turn each one into a sealed packet.
- Place the packets on the grill and cook for 8 to 12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully open the packets, allowing the hot steam to escape, then serve as desired.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021
I would like to make these fajitas, but was wondering if they can be made on the stovetop (not necessarily in a packet). Sounds so good!
These would be great on the stovetop!