Keto Stuffed Artichokes
It is always nice when you can have your vegetables and proteins all together in one easy dish. This buffalo chicken stuffed artichoke recipe will definitely accomplish that goal. The artichokes make a perfect bowl to hold the spicy chicken mix, giving you a complete meal that looks as great as it tastes. Of course, as is true with all our recipes, this meal is keto-approved but anyone, on any diet will absolutely love it!
If you have never used fresh artichokes before, you may be a little wary of how to properly prepare this unique vegetable. The first thing to do with a fresh artichoke is to trim the end, removing the majority of the stem so that the artichoke sits flat on a plate. The vegetable will be acting as a bowl for the buffalo chicken so you want it to be a sturdy bowl!
The artichoke is then steamed to soften the leaves and make the meat inside more tender. After the vegetable has softened, it will be easy to pull back the leaves and open the artichoke as if you are helping a flower bloom. The more space between each leaf, the more chicken filling you will be able to fit in the artichoke.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
After the artichoke is stuffed with the chicken, topped with the cheese and browned again in the oven, you make look at the beautiful dish and wonder how to eat it. You are not alone! How to eat an artichoke is a very common question as it can be an intimidating vegetable. All you need to do is gently pull a single leaf away from the vegetable. Bite the base of the artichoke and pull the meat out of the leaf with your teeth. Discard the top portion of the leaf as it is typically quite tough. Continue pulling the leaves away, scooping some of the chicken onto the leaf as well so you can enjoy that buffalo taste along with the tender artichoke center.
Speaking of buffalo flavor, the main flavor in our recipe is the buffalo wing sauce that the chicken is tossed with after it cooks. The majority of wing sauces that you find in the grocery store are sugar-free, however, you should always check the label just to be sure. You can always opt to make your own wing sauce using a mix of hot pepper sauce, butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Make up your own recipe or find one online that you can try out. Buffalo sauce is a wonderful keto condiment to have on hand and an instant flavor booster for almost any dish (we love it on chicken, eggs, and even in lettuce wraps!).
We know that this interesting keto recipe is going to be one of your new favorite go-to meals. It is especially great for entertaining as it looks impressive, is fairly easy to make, and tastes fantastic! After all, you really can’t go wrong with buffalo chicken, blue cheese, and juicy artichoke. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe and are a fan of buffalo chicken, you’ve got to try these keto buffalo chicken meatballs from My Life Cookbook. These meatballs are not only delicious, but they also have a tasty surprise in the middle – creamy blue cheese!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a rimmed sheet tray with foil.
- Place the olive oil in a large saute pan and heat over medium. Add the ground chicken, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the chicken as it cooks so that it is in tiny crumbles. Once the chicken is completely cooked and starting to brown (about 10 -12 minutes), remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the lemons and artichokes. Cover the pot and let boil for 30 minutes to cook the artichokes completely.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and place them on a paper towel to drain all the water.
- Once dry, place the artichokes on the baking tray and push the leaves back to open the flower of the artichoke.
- Scoop the cooked chicken into the artichoke, putting it in between the petals and stuffing it well.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the buffalo wing sauce and the shredded cheddar cheese and stir to melt the cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over each artichoke, coating it completely. Sprinkle with the blue cheese
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden browned and bubbling. Serve immediately!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021