Delicious, Low Carb French Toast
Now that the weather is colder, you may be craving a breakfast that is a little warmer and more filling than your summertime go-to’s. You need something toasty and inviting to motivate you to get out of your cozy bed in the morning! If this is sounding familiar, then you need to try this keto French toast right away. It is the perfect breakfast for a chilly fall day but there is also a good chance this recipe sticks around all year.
Of course, all great breakfast recipes are also low carb recipes. You want to be sure you start your day off by sticking to your diet! And a good keto breakfast will give you the energy you need to power through the morning. When you are thinking about enjoying French toast while following a low carb diet, you need to be sure that you have good low carb bread. You can definitely find some decent low carb breads in the grocery store and use them to make this French toast. However if you want to make your own keto bread or if you just can’t find any at your local store, we have a great recipe right here. It is also incredibly easy to make this keto bread thanks to one specific kitchen tool- the microwave.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
If you have ever made a mug cake then you are already familiar with “baking” in the microwave. It is a quick, simple way to make fresh baked goods in a hurry. This microwavable keto bread is made by blending butter, vanilla, So Nourished pancake syrup, heavy cream, and an egg together in a bowl. Then, coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder are mixed in and the batter is spread in a small, square, microwave-safe dish. The bread is then cooked in the microwave for 90 seconds. The result is a spongy, tender slice of sweet bread that is ideal for French toast. That is, if you can resist eating the bread with just some butter spread across each slice- it just smells so good when it’s warm!
Once the bread has cooled, it is dipped in an egg, milk and syrup blend and cooked in a skillet. If you have ever made traditional French toast, then you are very familiar with this process. It’s very easy and straightforward! After this step, the French toast is done and ready to be eaten!
We love topping our keto French toast with some fresh, low carb fruit. A few strawberry slices or raspberries taste great. A little coconut whipped cream or just some warm butter is also a tasty topping for the French toast. Of course, you can’t forget the syrup, too! So Nourished pancake syrup is the main sweetener in this recipe and it is also ideal to pour over your French toast. The syrup is made from a blend of stevia, erythritol, and monkfruit, giving it a wonderful sweetness without the carbs. Stock up on this syrup for sure!
Making French toast completely from scratch may seem hard at first but, once you have made this recipe, you will see how incredibly easy it is. This recipe is definitely worth the little bit of extra cooking time in the morning. Freshly baked keto bread and low carb pancake syrup is the perfect way to start your day. Let us know how much you love this French toast in the comments below! We hope you love it just as much as we do!
If you loved our keto french toast recipe, you should check out this keto french toast casserole from Butter Together Kitchen. With this recipe, you can enjoy several servings of this delicious breakfast, guilt-free!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp So Nourished Pancake Syrup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tbsp So Nourished Pancake Syrup
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Begin by making the bread. Place the butter in a microwave safe square container. Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir the vanilla, syrup, heavy cream and egg into the melted butter.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder to the mix and stir well. Spread the batter across the bottom of the container, making it as smooth and flat as possible.
- Microwave the batter for 90 seconds to bake the bread. Remove the bread from the container and let cool.
- While the bread is cooling, make the French toast dip by whisking together the egg, So Nourished syrup and milk.
- Dip the bread into the French toast dip, coating it fully.
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the dipped bread into the skillet.
- Cook the French toast for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden browned. Serve while hot with extra So Nourished syrup poured over the top.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021