Amazing Avocado Brownies
I have been really craving something sweet lately. However, I have also been trying to be “good” and not eat so many desserts. When I just can’t shake that need for sugar, I always look for recipes that are definite desserts but also a little bit healthy. That way, when I eat way more servings than I should, I don’t feel quite as guilty.
I had heard of avocado brownies before but I had never tried them until now. Using avocados in a brownie recipe does a few things. First, it gives the brownies a few nutritional benefits. Avocados have more potassium than bananas, are full of fiber and also packed with healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Speaking of fat, avocados do have a lot of fats! However, they are the good kind and they help make the brownies creamy and delicious.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
If you are wondering what avocado brownies will taste like, let me just tell you that they are fantastic. The unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter are so intense that you really can’t taste the avocado at all. It just adds a nice creamy texture that is irresistible. The chocolate frosting is also decadent and perfect to top the brownies. More avocado means more healthy fats. The frosting gets super fluffy and light while still being extra chocolatey. What could be better than a chocolate brownie with extra chocolate inside and on top?!
Finding healthy desserts doesn’t just mean looking for a recipe that has a vegetable in it. I also need something that is low carb. My keto diet is not something I am willing to sacrifice for a little bit of sweetness. Luckily, there are lots of ways to make desserts keto friendly. Using the right sweeteners is the easiest way. So Nourished GOLD has to be one of my all-time favorite sweeteners. It essentially tastes like brown sugar with all that sweet, molasses flavors blended in. However, it is still just erythritol which is a natural, zero net carb sweetener. It is fantastic!
So Nourished GOLD gives these brownies a rich and decadent taste. It also brings out the flavors of the cocoa powder and makes these avocado brownies even more chocolatey. Speaking of chocolate, I am always in favor of adding extra chocolate. So, for these avocado brownies, I add Lily’s Keto Chocolate Chips and also a homemade, avocado-based chocolate frosting. That’s right, more avocados! More veggies and also more chocolate at the same time- I told you these brownies were great!
Making the brownies is super easy. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and stir in the melted chocolate chips. Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes and then let them cool. Whip the frosting ingredients together in a blender or food processor until fluffy. Spread the avocado frosting on the brownies and then just try to resist them. You won’t be able to! I don’t think anyone can resist chocolate…
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and how much you love these brownies. Keto approved, pretty healthy, and very tasty. They will satisfy your craving for a dessert for sure! Enjoy.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup So Nourished GOLD
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp So Nourished Powdered Erythritol
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a water bath.
- Add all of the ingredients for the brownies, except the melted chocolate, into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and then scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the batter so it is even in the pan and then bake for about 25 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center.
- While the brownies are baking, place all of the ingredients for the frosting in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the frosting across the brownies then slice and serve.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021