Blueberry, Strawberry and Vanilla Mousse
As the weather starts to get warmer and the days are getting longer, you may be more inclined to treat yourself to dessert every night. However, you may not want a dessert that is heavy and filling but rather something light and sweet yet full of flavor. This tri-colored mousse is just the dessert you need! Of course, it is completely keto-friendly and only has 4 net carbs per serving while still being amazingly delicious.
Another selling point about this dessert is that it is a total show stopper. It looks like a dessert you would find in a bakery or served in a five-star restaurant! That is thanks to the three layers of beautiful, naturally colored mousse. While the mousse may look like a professional pastry chef made it, it is actually quite simple to achieve that perfect layered look.
To begin, you will make the basic, white mousse which will be used as the base for all the colors in the dessert. The mousse is made by dissolving erythritol and water together and then whisking in gelatin. The erythritol is what will give this dessert its sweetness while the gelatin is responsible for the structure and texture of the mousse. The cream cheese and vanilla are then beaten until fluffy and stirred together with the sweetened gelatin mix.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Now comes the part where the three colors are made. The white mousse mix you have just created is divided into three parts. One part is mixed with pureed blueberries and the second part is stirred together with pureed raspberries. The vanilla layer needs nothing else- it is already the color you need! The red mousse is scooped into your clear containers first then the white layer is added in topped by the blueberry mousse. Your dessert is complete! A perfectly layered mousse that will impress everyone with its visual appeal and its delicious taste.
You can make your own berry purees for the recipe very easily. All you need to do is take a few blueberries or raspberries and puree them in a blender or food processor until smooth. You can take the time to strain them through a fine-mesh sieve if you’d like (some people really hate raspberry seeds!) but it is totally not necessary. In addition, you can opt to use strawberry puree or blackberry puree to make the red and blue mousse layers. Keep in mind that this switch will change the macros slightly however both strawberries and blackberries are keto-approved when consumed in small quantities.
These red, white and blue mousse cups are perfect for making ahead of time and will keep in your fridge for about 2-3 days. You should definitely plan on making this dessert for your next Memorial Day party, for the Fourth of July or really for any celebratory event. Red, white and blue keto mousse cups are always a hit! We know that you will love this recipe and make it again and again- enjoy!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp So Nourished granular erythritol
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/2 pound cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 raspberries, pureed
- 1/4 cup blueberries, pureed
- Place the water and erythritol in a small sauce pan and heat over medium until the erythritol has dissolved, stirring occasionally. This should only take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the gelatin to dissolve completely.
- Place the softened cream cheese and vanilla extract in a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the gelatin mix to the bowl with the cream cheese and beat until completely smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into three, equal parts.
- Stir in the pureed blueberries into 1/3 of the cream cheese mix and then add the pureed raspberries to another 1/3 of the mix. This will give you a red, blue and white mousse.
- Scoop some of the raspberry mousse into four small clear glasses.
- Top the red mousse with the white mousse then top each with the blue mousse. You can use a piping bag to make the mousse even more beautiful!
- Place the mousse cups into the fridge to set for about 2-3 hours. Serve chilled.
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- Keto Overnight Oats - July 20, 2021
- Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe - July 13, 2021
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Recipe - July 6, 2021