Just a Single Carb in Each!
Meringues can be the perfect solution for when you’re short on ingredients or time. They’re light, fluffy and can take on so many forms and flavors. Make a huge batch from just a few eggs and bring them with you to a family dinner to be the star of the show. This recipe will make enough for everyone to enjoy a few!
The main ingredient in this 1 Carb Chocolate Glazed Meringues recipe is egg whites – which can be a little finicky. Make sure you bring the egg whites to room temperature before you start whipping them into peaks. Keep in mind that store-bought egg whites in cartons won’t work well for this recipe. They’ve been pasteurized and aren’t fit for meringues.
4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet's Success
Make sure to be gentle with the meringue batter throughout the entire process – you don’t want it to flatten during mixing or piping! When piping, press gently and make sure your piping tip is large enough to let out enough meringue batter without deflating it too much.
You can also choose any kind of chocolate you like for the glaze/drizzle. In this recipe, we used Lindt 90& Dark Chocolate and simply melted it down gently until it was pourable but not scalding hot, which may affect the cooked meringues.
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 1/16 tsp liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz. 90% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. You may want to use an electric hand mixer for this.
- Add a pinch of salt and the sweetener and beat until stiff, shiny white peaks form.
- Add the shredded unsweetened coconut and vanilla extract. Fold this in gently.
- Into a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice, add the meringue batter gently.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and pipe the meringues into 3 inch rounds.
- Bake the meringues for 50-60 minutes. Once they’re baked, turn the oven off and leave the door ajar. Let the meringues sit in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes to cool gently. This will prevent them from cracking.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool slightly for 10 minutes. Then pour it over the cooled meringues. You can drizzle the chocolate over or simply dip each meringues lightly in the melted chocolate for a crunchy top. Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Let us know! Something didn’t quite turn out right? Ask us in the comments below or contact us– we respond to comments every day and would love to hear from you and help you out! And check out all our low carb dessert recipes to learn to make more delicious and healthy meals!
The content on this website should not be taken as medical advice and you should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. We provide nutritional data for our recipes as a courtesy to our readers. We use Total Keto Diet app software to calculate the nutrition and we remove fiber and sugar alcohols, like erythritol, from the total carbohydrate count to get to the net carb count, as they do not affect your blood glucose levels. You should independently calculate nutritional information on your own and not rely on our data. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. This website shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on the Website or actions you take as a result. Any action you take is strictly at your own risk.
- EPIC Keto Krate Haul! - February 13, 2020
- 30+ Low Carb Snacks (Keto Snacks) with Little to No Prep - January 1, 2019
- Keto Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte [VIDEO] - November 13, 2018
Have You Tried These Delicious Recipes?
Missing anything? Get it on